Korea-Nigeria Poetry Feast 2014-----Call
Arojah Concepts in collaboration with the Korean Cultural Centre in Nigeria (KCCN), will again join the rest of the world in commemorating the World Poetry Day with its annual Korea-Nigeria Poetry Feast, organised for the first time in 2011.
This year’s edition, which is the 4th in the series, will focus on celebrating Poetry and the Spoken Word, with the theme – POETRY: AN ANCIENT ART WITH CONTEMPORARY RELEVANCE which will see interested poets mimic/imitate any poetic forms or poet across the world on a worthy subject of current global relevance.As part of efforts to extend the reach of this annual event, the competitive part of the feast will now feature a secondary school category, giving opportunity to secondary school students in Nigeria to participate in the annual contest.We thereby invite interested POETS to submit their entries in accordance with the following guidelines:
• Poets are expected to mimic/imitate any poetic forms or poet across the world on a worthy subject of current global relevance
• Priority should be giving to Korean and Nigerian poets of entrants choice
• Each poet can enter a maximum of 5 poems as a single entry
• All entries must conform with the above focus/theme
• All entries must be the original work of the poet and not previously published
• All entries should be in a single file of a word document, sent only as an attachment (entries sent as an inbox text will be disqualified)
• All entries should be sent to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject box marked KNPF 2014 SUBMISSION
• All entries from students of senior secondary schools in Nigeria to be sent to email@example.com
• All entries must be received on or before Friday 28th February, 2014
• A shortlist of 8 poems/poets from each category (School and Professional/Adult Category) selected by a three-man panel will be announced on FRIDAY 14th MARCH, 2014
• Cash Prizes, Certificates and Korean branded souvenirs will be presented to winners during the 4th Korean Poetry Feast in Abuja on FRIDAY 21st MARCH, 2014 (World Poetry Day) The highlight of this year’s celebration will be the poetry feast on March 21st which will feature poetry performances by guest poets and other performance groups in Abuja and the public presentation of our cross-cultural anthology, FROM HERE TO THERE, a selection of submissions from the last three editions of the annual feast, edited by Mallam Denja Abdullahi, Mr. Kwon Yong-Ik and Jerry Adesewo.
Om’Oba Jerry Adesewo
For Arojah Concepts/KCCN